Monday, February 16, 2015

Sister Evans Last Week in Los Naranjos

I had a great final week in Los Naranjos! I love seeing the happiness that this gospel brings into the lives of the people and I am so happy to have the opportunity to participate in this great work of eternal happiness and to help´people grow closer to their Savior, Jesus Christ. One quote from the article "Why is Jesus Christ important in my life" in the Liahona from January 2015 that I love and  that really helped me this week is "Jesus is important to us because through his atonement, teachings, hope, peace, and example, He helps us change our lives, face our trials, and move forward with faith as we journey back to Him and His father...and with Him as our friend, we have the courage to cast our fear and move forward with faith." I really love this because the Savior really is our faithful friend and wants what is best for us, and with him as our best friend we really can move forward with faith everyday because our Savior is always there for us! 

  Also, This week on Wednesday I will be changing to another part of El Salvador! I do not know what part I will be changed to but I am really excited to find out on Wednesday! I am going to miss it here in Los Naranjos and I am defintley going to miss my fabulous companion Hermana Wright!

   We have a couple of investigators here that are progressing and finding more happiness through coming unto Christ, their faithful friend! Sulma, and her 2 little kids came to church for the first time and they were so happy and content in the church! The little kids loved it and Sulma said that she felt the spirit really strong and felt a lot of peace. After church she just seemed so happy! It makes me so happy to see people become happier as they start to do little changes in their lives! Also, we have 2 new investigators, Antonia and her daughter Ingrid, who are both great! The missionaries visited them both before, however only Ingrid accepted the visits of the missionaries. However, she stopped visiting the missionaries for a while because she did not have support from her mom, Antonia.  Antonia did not want anything to do with the church, however, she has had a change of heart and feels so bad for not accepting the missionaries and she really wants the peace and happiness that comes from this gospel now in her life! Her and her daughter came to church yesterday and they are both starting to come unto Christ and it makes me so happy!

   Also, Sara did not get baptized this week, however we still have faith in her! She wants to get baptized but she still feels guilty for some things she has done in the past even though she has repented, and she wants to be sure that she is worthy in the eyes of her Heavenly Father. She is going to continue praying this week to gain that confidence that she needs to be baptized! 

     We had our activity on Saturday and it went pretty well!We did not have as many people at the activity as we had hoped, however we did have a couple of our investigators come and they said they felt the spirit and had a good experience! A lot of the members from our little branch came and they all said they loved it and they said that their testimonies were strengthened!  While we were watching the different videos and listening to some of the members of the branch share their testimonies about the different videos I felt so much peace knowing that Heavenly Father has a plan for this area and that in His time miracles will happen for the people here! The little branch here is strengthening and we had a lot of people at church yesterday! A lot of some of the less active members came to church for the first time in months and the members were all animated from the activity the night before! They all just want to see this area change and to see people unto Christ! I am really going to miss all of them and their strong testimonies! 


   I have really loved it here in Los Naranjos and I am going to miss it here and I am going to miss my amazing companion, Hermana Wright! We have had some good experiences together from running through the mountains to try and catch a crazy full bus , hiking to our different appointments with huge sticks in our hand to keep away the crazy dogs, or singing hymns with a crazy man who loves to play air guitar and make the sounds of the drums on his little picnic table while we sing, and many more! Also, I have found great joy serving and walking side by side Hermana Wright! As we walk and  look up at the stars at the end of each day,  I feel so much peace knowing that there is no place I would rather be than here In El Salvador spreading happiness and hope with Hermana Wright, no matter how hard the day was. I have enjoyed experiencing the joy that comes from seeing people start to do little changes in their lives to come unto Christ. I have learned to much from Hermana Wright and I am so grateful for her and the great times I have had here in Los Naranjos with her!  Todo esta bien! I am happy! 

Con amor, 

Hermana Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment