Monday, February 16, 2015

Happy Vday!

Familia!

Happy Valentine's Day! I hope y'all had a great day filled with lots of chocolate and love from loved ones. On my V/day, we bought cotton candy from some random guy on the street. It was super sweet and sugary but also awesome. 

 This week I was talking about burning CD's when I realized my companion has never made a playlist or burned a CD before. I felt old. Especially remembering that I used to listen to cassette tapes and make those for friends. I'm a total abuelita.(granny)



This week...not sure what to share this week. 



First, my convert from Ahuachapan is going on a mission! He's sending in his papers this week and going to have his call in a few weeks. Seriously the best feeling ever! His mom is super depressed and sad, and I talked to her a bit this week to try and animate (gotta love her choice of word) her and everything and she knows it will be good, but she's just sad to see him go for 2 years. 

Aside from that we had some good ups and downs this week. 

But something I learned is that this is the Lord's work. It's not ours. It's not my work. He is in charge. He knows who is ready and prepared to hear the Gospel. And He knows who He needs to start preparing por medio de nosotros (through us). I cannot direct and command this work. Although sometimes I think I would like to. But the only thing I can do is to trust in God, do the very best that I can do and know how to do, work to always improve and become better, and then leave the rest up to Him. And that is what I'm trying to do. 

Me & some investigators.


The church is true. I know it. And I love it. 

Love,
Hermana Aycht (How Valentina pronounces my name...she's 2 years old.)                 

PS We got news about changes, I'm staying here in Los Naranjos and I'm going to train again...which means I'll be terminando mi mision aqui (finishing my mission here), which I'm super happy about. Which means Hermana Evans is leaving. I will miss being her companion, but I'm excited for her to continue and take the next step in the mission. (I'm guessing keeping the hot water is a nice thought as well...I hope Hermana Evans heads to a warmer area if she has to go back to cold showers.)


No comments:

Post a Comment