Monday, December 1, 2014

Just two alpine girls living in a cabin in the mountains of El Salvador...

Dearest Family!

This week has been full of so many changes. 

Well I`m not a sister training leader anymore and I am now training a newbie...fresh out of the MTC...and yes, that newbie is my neighbor from good old Alpine, Utah, Hermana Evans. Good times. So that is really great! She reminds me so much of her mom, Shelly...so cute.

After we took a picture with Presidente Spjut, he turned to me and said, "Hey, Hermana Wright, I don`t usually do something like this, so you two better go to work." Yes Presidente, we will. (Danika told us she asked the president if she could train Valerie a couple of weeks ago and all the President said to her was, "Sister Wright, be careful what you ask for.")

Aside from that we are opening a new area, so we are trying to get to know the members and the area and the old investigators from the hermanas in the past. So it`s going great. 

We are in a little tiny pueblo called los naranjos, that is in the mountains in El Salvador and part of Juayua. Which means...I am BACK in Juayua...after a year ago when I started my mission here. Seriously SO weird, but really SO great! (Aside from the cold). I bought a parka this last week and we are going to start using our fireplace at night. We live in a cute cabin that has a fireplace and a sweet rocking chair. It`s adorable. We`re going to decorate for la Navidad today. Oh...and the shower is literally ice water. Literally. 
Picture compliments of Sister Evans since
her computer let her send one picture.

Danika also said while emailing today, "it`s a little pueblo...GORGEOUS...but SO cold. I already bought a parka, so I`m good with that..yeah, it`s the coldest area in the mission and it`s in the mountains."

We are also part of a branch, not a ward, so there were about 30 people at church yesterday. So we are working to baptize and find those that are ready and waiting, but also to work to strengthen the branch and the members that are here so that they can strengthen this branch. Our branch president doesn`t even live in the area because there isn`t a priesthood here in the area who is able to be branch president, so that`s a little bit about the area. There area a LOT of evangelica churches, and the majority of the pastors preach against the mormons, and it`s also the season where everyone leaves to go cut coffee for work. So our new area comes with some challenges and some adventures, but we are working hard and know that we are going to have some success here. 

Aside from that, we are seeing miracles and praying hard. I am really excited to be here and to be working and to be a missionary. I love it. I am going to learn and grow a lot. It`s a little overwhelming to see the work and everythign and to be starting from nothing, but I know God will do His part and we will see miracles. 

I didn`t write my letter before hand, so sorry it`s kind of scrambled.

I tried sending pics but the computer didn`t work. Maybe next week :)

Love you lots!

Love,

Hermana Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment