Monday, March 24, 2014

Pronunciation Guide: A wha cha pan.

Familia,

Quick update: Changes are crazy. I got put as an Hermana de Capacitacion (Sister Training Leader). This is kinda like zone leader but for hermanas. There are 4 companionships of sister training leaders in the mission. So what does that mean? It means we have 8 companionships of hermanas to watch over and help them. We do interchanges with the hermanas to help them with their area and their investigators and also to help them with any other issues or problems or whatever. I feel like I still have SO much to learn and I lack so much, and I only have 3 changes in the mission...so kinda weird...but I'm excited for the opportunity to grow and learn and be better. 

So, I'm in an area called Ahuachapan. It's HUGE! Super big, probs takes about 10-15 min to drive from one side to the other...let alone walk. We take buses and mototaxis and sometimes are walking 30 minutes inbetween citas, or more like running sometimes...literally. I'll definitely spend more money in this area with the buses and everything we'll take, but it won't be much, we'll see. And almost all the streets are straight dirt and rocks...which means I need to look for some better shoes. So it's an adventure. It's also much hotter here. My companion se llama Hermana Dominguez and she has almost 1 year in the mission. She's also from Honduras (like the rest of my comps so far ha) and she's excellent! She works her tail off and wants so much to do her best and I'm learning a lot from her and excited to be her companion this change. She likes to run and workout, so that's awesome. And she's an incredible missionary. I think we're going to be a great team, and I'm stoked for this change. 

Me & Hermana Dominguez
Right now I'm learning the area, praying for direction guidance to remember where to go (as this week we start interchanges and I'll be left alone to remember where to go in the area), and getting to know the investigators and members as well as looking for new people to teach. 

It's crazy to look back at the first 3 changes of my mission and the experiences I've had so far and how those have prepared me for this change and for this time right now. In only 4 and a half months I've learned a lot, and I've grown a lot, and my experiences were definitely preparing me for now. And I can see that very clearly. 

One thing in particular is depending on the Lord. I learned to really rely on the Lord this last change with all the craziness that happened. I learned to really turn to Him in literally every second of my day. And I'm still learning that and still have a long way to go. I also learned more about the Atonement of Christ and how to apply it to my life. I still lack a lot of knowledge in regards to this subject, and how to make it a regular part of my life, but I have learned to rely on the Lord through the Atonement of Christ. Because I am not perfect. I often try to be. But I fail always and I lack so much. However, I don't have to be perfect. In my first few months of the mission this was hard for me. I wanted to do everything perfect, and I was constantly beating myself up, and putting unnecessary pressure and fault on myself. And that burden was a little heavy. Then I took some good advice from my parents, some good advice from the scriptures, and I worked to apply it. And I learned that I don't have to be perfect. Yes, I need to work hard, I need to look for ways to improve and better myself, and I need to do my absolute best in every way. But I'm going to fail. God knows that. And I learned that although I'm not perfect, God is perfect. And He has a plan that is perfect for us, which centers on Christ and His Atonement. So while I'm not perfect, it's okay, because Christ will make up the difference through his sacrifice. And since God is perfect, He will make miracles happen and He will complete His voluntad (will) through my grand imperfections. And that is truly remarkable. 

I know my Savior lives. I know Jesus suffered for our sins so that we can repent and change and return to live with God again. I know his sacrifice, the Atonement of Jesus Christ, is everything. And I'm trying each and everyday to really make that sacrifice a part of my everyday life. 

Love you lots family. You're da bomb.com. Literally.

Love,

Hermana Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment