Monday, March 10, 2014

"All you need is love." The Beatles.

Familia,

Boy do I have some crazy updates for yáll, so get excited. Who knew so much could happen in just a week? 

Here´s how my week went:
 
Smore's anyone?
Monday night: 
Monday night we made smore's for FHE with some members. Then my comp was having lots of back and neck pain and super bad so we called the nurse. Then President´s wife, Hermana Cordon, called us and told us to stay home and rest all day Tuesday. 

I made everyone say "S´mores" before I left. It was awesome. 



Tuesday: We stayed home all day. My comp basically slept the whole day as she was super exhausted physically and emotionally, and her meds make her sleepy. I studied, worked out, studied, wrote some letters, studied some more, cleaned, and made use of my time inside. Then Tuesday night the nurse ordered us to stay home all day again Wednesday.

Wednesday: 
We planned on staying home all day. Around 11:30am my comp´s pain was getting worse and her pain started moving from her back and neck down into her leg. Not good. We called the nurse and she then informed us that we needed to get to Santa Ana immediately, but that we couldn´t take the bus and we had 10 minutes to find a member to drive us. I think they were worried it could lead to paralysis or something super serious. But finding someone with a car to drive us to Santa Ana...not the easiest thing to do here in El Salvador as I think there are 3 members in our ward with cars. At last we found an hermana from another city close by to drive to us, (about 30 min) and take us from Juayua to Santa Ana (about an hour). We traveled with the Hermanas from Progreso (an area next door to my area) and we left my companion in Santa Ana and I returned back to Juayua that night and worked with them Wednesday night in their area.

Thursday: 
Well I wasn´t about to just abandon my area, so I talked to my district leader and called some members to try and find hermanas that are members that could leave with me and work with me in my area. So, all afternoon Thursday I worked with members in my area as my companions and then met up with the Hermanas from Progreso at night to sleep with them in their house. Super crazy. And this means I was doing everything, literally. Thursday morning I was a little overwhelmed with the fact that my area was left with me only being able to work partially there with members, and the responsibility completely on me. Then I got the package from Trev-Mel-Thompson, got some tears out while reading those sweet letters and pictures and everything (Thanks so much for that, I loved it all!). Then I was motivated to go work hard. And I learned to really rely on the Lord and the spirit entirely and it was a glorious day with lots of tender mercies throughout every little detail of the day as I was praying constantly for help. Then my comp called Thursday night and she informed us that President called her and said it´s best to send her home. All the doctors here said she needs surgery, because she has a hernia in a disk in her back. So she informed us that she would be leaving Saturday morning at 4am. Yikes.
Elizabeth my companera for a day.

Friday: 
We went to my house and packed everything of my comp's stuff and sent it all to Santa Ana with a member. Then Elizabeth, a returned missonary who isn´t working or studying right now told me she could work with me all day. So it was great! I had a new "companion" and she worked with me from 2pm until 9pm when we met up with progreso once again. It was glorious! I was still praying like crazy and relying completely on the Lord, but it was nice to have a companion I could rely on and help me. And she´s great company too. By this point I wasn´t overwhelmed, I was just laughing at the whole fact how I don´t really have a companion and it´s hilarious. And crazy. And so weird. So it was a great day. And I could just laugh and enjoy this whole craziness. And I saw some more tender mercies, as usual. God really is aware of us and our every need and He´s there for us. It´s pretty cool.

Saturday: 
Once again, me alone in my areas with members. Haha. This day was a little crazy as two hermanas I was going to work with had to leave early or didn´t show up. Well seeing how I can´t just leave by muself to go find someone else to work with me, the day consisted a little bit of me running around with members, while the Elderes looked for someone to come work with me. Definitely an adventure. 
Familia Guevara.  The best.


Sunday:
I went to church with a member in my ward on splits, and then the other hermanas from Juayua (other area close by), took me to progreso and left me with those hermanas after church. I had plans to leave with Sophia all afternoon, the bishop´s daughter, and she´s dependable, so I was excited. However, just when I thought this day was going to be normal (relatively speaking, seeing how I was without a companera ha), then craziness hit again.  I found out I would be leaving the area. Bummer! I was convinced that I was going to be here one more change for sure since Hermana Ortiz left and I know the area and the members and the investigators. Fail blog. So I knew the only chance I had to say goodbye to people was Sunday afternoon, since President would probably inform me where I´d be leaving on Monday or Tuesday.
Gustavo (my piano student), his dad the bishop, & his daughter Sophia my companera on Sunday.

So then Sunday afternoon I spent the day visiting and saying good'bye to members and people that mean a lot to me in my area. So that was a little bit of a bummer to just kind of peace out, but I was at least glad I got Sunday afternoon to say my goodbyes, so that was a great answer to my prayer.
Paty & Christian

Mirna & Rosita


As far as details though, I still don´t have an answer or details on where I´m going or when. But I´m just about 98 percent sure they´re going to take me out of this area today or tomorrow first thing. So...stay tuned until next week.
My bud, Mario.


Aside from that, not much has happened this week. (Extra sarcasm). 

"Drama drama drama..." (movie quote...anyone?)

Love you lots,

Hermana Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment