Monday, November 3, 2014

Happy Halloween!

Familia!

Happy Halloween! If you didn´t send me pictures this week of your Halloween costumes, I better get them next week. That´s all I have to say about that. 

Let´s see, what happened this week. I got some nice meds to take to help my arm not fall off from the bug bite. Good times.

She didn't say I couldn't post this.  
I got robbed on the bus again. Fail blog. Oh and me and my companion have officially turned into major gringas...since we´ve been together we´ve made grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato soup, we made homemade oreo cookies to celebrate halloween, chips and salsa, and just about any type of gringo food that we haven´t eaten in over a year. Good times. That´s just what happens when you get a gringa companion who just understands.

Aside from that, this week I completed 1 year on the mission. Yep, that´s right. What is this world coming to? Here are some thoughts from my journal as far as that goes:

'''''''''

Happy 1 year to me! It´s my one year mark in the mission today. Exactly one year ago I left my home in Alpine, Utah and drove to good old Provo to drop me off at the MTC for 2 weeks before heading to El Salvador. I remember my first couple days and weeks when I finally arrived in El Salvador and if I´m completely honest my thoughts consisted of the following, "Wow, what did I get myself into? 18 months is SO long...it´s never going to come to an end."

But I knew that I committed myself to serving the Lord. I came because I wanted to serve Him. I came because I knew that I had the truth and everyone else in the world deserves the chance to hear it as well and to have the blessings that I have. And I committed myself before the mission to lose myself and forget myself and focus on the people and the work and do everything I could to serve the best of my ability. And so I worked on doing that.

Well, now it´s 1 year later and I am in awe a little bit about that. The time has gone faster and faster as the days go by and I am ever so grateful for the remaining months that I have. And 1 year later my thoughts have changed drastically. Rather than thinking about how long the days are, I am thinking how I can get everything done that I need to in that day. Rather than thinking about all the cultural differences, I am thinking about the people and how we are all just the same in all the world. Rather than thinking about how tired or hungry I am, I am thinking about what God wants me to do and how I can be an instrument in His hands to help serve His children. I really truly love this work. It is a privilege and honor to be a part of it. And it is incredible to watch it move forward. I am grateful that I have 6 more months left on the mission, as I have so much more to learn and grow before I come home and have to figure out what to actually do with my life (yeah...just not thinking about that right now). Happy 1 year to me. 

'''''''''''''

Aside from that, my companion got super sick this week, high fevers, loss of appetite, etc. She was in bed Thursday, Friday, Saturday and most of Sunday. I was able to leave for a few hours each day to work with members, when I could find a member to stay with her, but the work was limited. She doesn´t have dengue or chinkunguya, so who knows. We´re going to do some more tests today to see what the status is. 

Aside from that, nothing too crazy. I love you all and praying for you lots. I know life is full of challenges and trials, but that God is always there to help us and guide us. Always. So trust in Him. 

Love you lots!

Love,
Hermana Wright


No comments:

Post a Comment