Tuesday, October 7, 2014

YOLO comes to the mission

Familia!

Que tal? I hope everyone had an enjoyable conference weekend, filled with delicious home made breakfast, sitting on the couch in sweats, and maybe a nice nap in between sessions. 

I loved conference! Obviously. I have so many talks that I loved. But it was really interesting how almost every speaker talked about or mentioned the importance of following the prophet. This world is crazy, there´s so much sadness and wickedness, and we need to always be sure we are on the right path. Well the best way to do that is to follow the living prophet of the Lord. His name is Thomas S. Monson. He´s a prophet like Moses or Abraham. He receives revelation directly from JesusChrist himself, to help guide us and lead us back to Him. So follow the prophet. Don´t let pride or other things let you stray from the Lord. If you follow the prophet, it´s sure that you will be on the right path. 

These were some of my favorite talks: Lynn G. Robbins, Elder Jorg Klebingnat, Presidente Uchtdorf, Elder Bednar, Presidente Monson....ahh, so many. 

Here´s a link for those who don´t know what conference is, or might want to watch (the talks will be written and posted within a week or so):

Quote of the day. Jonathon came to general conference this morning. We gave him a piece of paper to take notes. He just doodled instead. He´s 15. At the end of conference we asked him what he thought, and his response was, "algo aburrido.(a little boring) Ha. Well at least he´s honest. I felt the same way when I was a teenager. So it´s normal.

This last week we had our meeting as leaders with Presidente Spjut. I learned a whole lot. But I think what really impacted me was when we talked about YOLO. Yep, that´s right, YOLO has now come to the mission. You Only Live Once. 

Well If you read in D&C 58:16, the assistents decided to change it to YOMO, "You Only Mission Once". And while it´s silly, and amusing in so many ways, it´s so true. This is the only time in my life I will get to be a fulltime missionary for Jesus Christ. I won´t get up and preach the gospel in front of a bus full of people when I go home. I won´t be able to just talk to a million random people in the street and ask for their direction (address) to go visit. I only have one mission, and it´s here and it´s now. And I want and am going to give my all the best that I can for these last short 7 months. 

Love you all to death. This church is true. Live it. Follow the Prophet. Don´t forget to pray. 

Love,

Hermana Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment