Monday, May 12, 2014

A little more esperanza

Familia,
Story from last Monday..."we left our house today at 6pm to go down to El Espino, a colonia q ue queda un poco lejos (a colony that is a little far away). Well we  waited for the bus for almost 15 or 20 min. And finally it came and it was PACKED. Literally, there were people packed as close as possible until the door. Well that didn´t stop us, we HAD to be on that bus. So we jumped on. And when I say jumped on, I mean I put my feet on the low step that barely hung on and the guy who collects money grabbed on behind me. I was literally smashed up against a couple of Salvadorean men and hanging out of the bus. There were a couple people inside that grabbed my arm because I had nothing to hold onto, so that helped me stay inside. Ha. First, I haven´t been that close to a man in a while. Second, it was hilarious and I was laughing a lot. Third, it was a great adventure. It was quite the ride. Imagine, I´ve got both my feet on the lower step of the bus, I´m smashed up against a random Salvador man face to face, I have about 3 people grabbing my arm inside the bus to keep me from falling out, and I´m basically hanging out of the door of the bus, and then the best thing happened...Enya came on and started playing on the bus. It was perfect. And hilarious. And I just wish I had it all on film. But I think that´s what I´ve learned about life...some of the best memories and moments just never can get captured. You just have to enjoy them. And then write about them. And then read later to remember how awesome it was. 


This week I learned a lot about la esperanza (hope). And I´m in the process of repenting. I´d been studying a lot about faith and working on increasing my faith, but I think I forgot about hope. In preach my gospel it says esperanza (hope) is "una firme confianza en que el Senor cumplira las promesas que le ha hecho, y se manifiesta a traves de la tranquilidad, el optimismo, el entusiasmo y una perseverancia paciente." (A firm confidence that the Lord will fulfill the promises he has made, and it is evident through the calmness, the optimism, the enthusiasm and a patient perseverance). The past few weeks I´ve felt this huge stress and pressure. And the sad thing is I really let that stress and pressure affect me and make me not be myself this past few weeks. While I´ve had faith and been focusing on that, I forgot about la esperanza. Which as we all know we can´t have faith if we don´t have hope. I had an interchange that taught me this hope. That I need to have faith and diligence and work hard, and then I need to be positive, optimistic, and leave the rest up to the Lord. And I forgot that these last couple of weeks. But I got some good advice from my broski (thanks Nate) and this interchange really taught me a lot. And I´m feeling more like my positive, enthusiastic, optimistic self and ready to move forward and be better. Just a reminder...have hope.  

Sunday Skype when the sound
refused to work.  Frustration!

Thankfully we got to try again this
morning.  Monday was successful
although the sound was a little rocky, but
at least we had sound.  :)


It was great chatting to you familia. Sorry Nate and Trev that we couldn´t talk for longer and we only have a smidgen of time. But it still was super nice to at least see your faces and say hi for a bit. Thanks for your love and support and prayers. I have the best familia ever. 
Love your buns,
Hermana Wright
PS I didn´t take photos this week, so no fotos. But you got a video chat, so that´s better anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment