Monday, January 27, 2014

Not much to write this week...

Beautiful El Salvador!
Familia!

First things first, the past two months was season for harvesting coffee and so lots of people were cutting it for work. But there are some factories that process it that are close by...and let me just tell you the smell when they are processing coffee is absolutely horrendous. It smells like toxic chemicals and penetrates the soul. There´s no way that can be good for us.

Other than that, this week we went to listen to an Apostle, Elder Quentin L. Cook. It was really neat, besides the fact that I got super sick that day. I don´t know why, but I felt super sick from the moment we woke up (we had to wake up at 4:30am to catch a bus at 5:30). We finally arrived in San Salvador and I ended up throwing up before Elder Cook arrived around 10am. I still felt sick throughout and ended up with lots of diarrhea after the meeting. I didn´t end up eating anything else the rest of the day and by the time we made it back to our house it was about 3:30pm and we ended up going straight to our house, where I basically slept from 4:30 until 6:30 the next morning. There was just something in my system my body didn´t like I guess. Adventures.

At one moment this week me and Hermana Najera were laughing pretty hard at each other and some random thing that happened and it felt really good. Life is a grand adventure and I love it. There is so much it has to offer, so take advantage of it. It´s really simple actually, just enjoy it. Life´s too short to be stressed or unhappy all the time. We´re here to be happy. So be happy. Laugh a little more. Be yourself. And love others. My all time favorite quote is "Come what may, and love it." Enjoy the adventures life has to offer, even when they might be difficult or frustrating or hard, learn from it and love it.

Love you lots. 

Love,
Hermana Wright

PS pray that I won´t get attacked by perros. We had some pretty close encounters with crazy dogs this week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment