Monday, July 28, 2014

Peru and Spain...great combination!

Familia,

Changes this week...and my new companion is Hermana Paredes. She is AMAZING! I am stoked to have her as my companion. She´s from Peru, was born and lived there until she was 12, but then her family moved to Spain, so now she lives in Barcelona. She is really the best and I love her a whole lot.
Hermana Paredes


In the reunion de cambios (meeting of changes... or basically when they met for transfers) the spirit touched me and reminded me how sacred this mission experience is and how amazing it is and how much it really means to me. It really is something sacred. I love it. It´s priceless. And I just want to do my very best every day to be an instrument in God´s hands. But I´m ever so grateful for the chance to be here. Hermana Paredes and I are similar, we both didn´t have plans to serve a mission and we both fought it for a good amount of time. Me, about 9 months, her about 18 months. Well we finally both got here and are ever so grateful. God really does know what´s best for us. 

That brings me me to my next thought. How do you teach someone to have confidence and trust in God more? We have some investigators that know this is true...but are having a hard time trusting in God and taking the next step to be baptized and move forward. Really they need to have a stronger relationship with God, trust in Him, have faith that He really knows what is best and wants to lead us and guide us...but how do you teach someone that? I would love to hear your thoughts.

Now these days, I have thought about those that read my emails or blog that maybe aren´t members of the church, and have various questions regarding my emails. I imagine that one question would be, why do we baptize? Well, while I could give various gospel doctrine based reasons (Matthew 3:13-17, John 3:5, 2 Nephi 31, 3 Nephi 11...etc) apart from that, this is something I know to be true. I know that God lives. I know that He sent His Son to atone for our sins and to suffer and die for us. But also to suffer to know how to support our pains and afflictions and lift our burdens. He wants us to be able to return to live with Him one day, and that´s why He sent His son. To provide us with this opportunity. Now, He isn´t going to eliminate our responsibility...now the choice is ours. He wants us to choose to return to live with Him, and by doing that we follow the principles and ordinances that He has established. We baptize because it´s a requirement to enter in the kingdom of God. And for me, I came on this mission because I know that this is true. I know that God lives and I know that He wants us to return to live with Him. And I want to share the blessings that I have received with the rest of the world. I am who I am, because of this Gospel. Without it I would be lost. But I know who I am because I know that I am a child of God, I know He loves me and I know that He wants what is best for me. So don´t be afraid to ask me questions or write me with questions, I love that. Or feel free to visit mormon.org. Or both. 

Health update: I went to San Salvador today to see a special stomach doctor there. He said I lack some digestive juices in my stomach and intestines and that´s what is causing the pain. He gave me some pills to take to help with that and a special diet (but nothing too crazy). So, I´m on that for the next month and then if I don´t get better I have to see him again. So we´ll see. 

Love you lots!

Love,
Hermana Wright
Reunion with Hermana Dominguez on
transfer day. "Love these girls!"



No comments:

Post a Comment