Monday, May 11, 2015

The last letter...

Dearest Familia,

Where do I start? 

I feel like trying to express how I feel is impossible and won´t begin to do justice for the reality of my feelings. 

So rather than try to express everything that I am feeling, I feel like it´s appropriate to share a few scriptures that might express a little of how I feel. 
This week Alejandra got baptized. She´s 10. 
Her biggest dream is to serve a mission. Praying for that in the future. 


-----------

Alma 30:9
"Now if a man desired to serve God, it was his privilege; or rather if he believed in God it was his privilege to serve him."

It truly has been a privilege to serve as a missionary for Christ in these last 18 months. A real privilege that I don´t want to end.

------------

Helaman 12:1
"yeah, we can see that the Lord in his great and infinite goodness doth bless and prosper those who put their trust in him."

Alma 27:18
"Now was not this exceeding joy? Behold, this is joy which none receiveth save it be the truly penitent and humble seeker of happiness."

I know that if we trust in the Lord, then he will help us prosper. It´s a promise from him. As we are obedient, keep the commandments, and seek His will, the joy and happiness and blessings that come are unreal. 



---------

Helaman 7:29 
"Behold now, I do not say that these things shall be, of myself, because it is not of myself that I know these things; but behold, I know that these things are true because the Lord God has made them known unto me, therefore I testify that they shall be."

Alma 26:16
"Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yeah, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yeah, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel."

I know this church is true. And I´m ever so grateful for the chance to serve as a disciple of Christ. I can´t begin to express how I feel, but I am grateful for the chance the Lord has given me to be here serving Him. 

Thanks for your love and support through it all. 

I love you all dearly. See you so very soon.

Love,

Hermana Wright (for the last time)

No comments:

Post a Comment